Saturday, October 24, 2020

TRUMP NON DENOMINATIONAL CHRISTIAN

WASHINGTON (RNS) — In an exclusive interview with Religion News Service, President Trump said:
“Though I was confirmed at a Presbyterian church as a child, I now consider myself to be a non-denominational Christian” 
"My parents taught me the importance of faith and prayer from a young age”
 “Melania and I have gotten to visit some amazing churches and meet with great faith leaders from around the world. During the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak, I tuned into several virtual church services and know that millions of Americans did the same.”

President Trump in a call to evangelical leaders also thanked everyone who prayed for his recovery from the coronavirus.
"We know that God hears our prayers, we have no doubt about it. He's always with us and he'll always help us to overcome this challenge," Trump declared. "I just want to thank everybody and I want to thank God for working miracles, and I ask God for the wisdom and grace to lead our country and to lead it at the top level ..."  "Every family who lost a loved one ... I just want to say an extra-special prayer," Trump said. "I want to give my warmest sympathies to the families that have lost someone, and I've lost many friends ..."
*Advance PLAY to 3:00 minutes to hear audio call...