Monday, October 17, 2011

THE GREATEST IS LOVE

Love, Faith, Hope, and Charity all created by God. But the greatest of these is Love. Those are the fruits of the Holy Spirit and the evidence that we know Jesus Christ and his spirit dwells in us. The same Holy Spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also raise up those of us who believe unto ever lasting life. But those who NOT believe and have NO fruit of the Spirit will be resurrected to judgment with the rest of the world. Salvation is a free gift to anyone who surrenders his life to Christ, born again, and they becomes a new creatures having your minds renewed. So then the works and fruit of the Spirit that follow a believer (Love, Faith, Hope, and Charity) are just the byproduct of a born again Spirit filled life, they are not the means or justification to salvation in avoiding judgment and Hell. Even if you have love, Faith, Hope, and Charity and even if you give up your life for some cause, it cannot and will not save you from Hell. Like Jesus told the religious leaders of his day “Unless you believe that I am God, savior of the world, take up your cross and follow me (Born Again), YOU WILL DIE IN YOUR SINS because where I go you cannot come.”

Our journey from physical birth in this world to spiritual rebirth in Christ is why we are here, it is every persons destiny and inheritance to be offered salvation. Whether or not you accept it will be either result in a great beginning or tragic ending lasting forever. The analogy is the same as a child's life who only cares about plying games, but once that child grows up and becomes self aware of his destiny as an adult, the child becomes a adult and puts off childish ways. This transition is the same for all of us who were once non-believers we acted and believed in the foolish things of this world, but once we heard and believed the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ we also changed and became born again allowing the Holy Spirit to help us put away the childish ways of the world that lead to death. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things (1 Corinthians 13:11).

Get ready while there is still time because judgment is coming around the bend like a speeding freight train and like a flood will overtake everyone that keeps resisting Gods call to salvation. For those of us who are born again, have received the Holy Spirit, we bear witness to these things in our lives. The evidence of which is Love, Faith, Hope, and Charity. But the greatest of these is Love.

I may have the gift of inspired preaching; I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets; I may have all the faith needed to move mountains—but if I have no love, I am nothing. I may give away everything I have, and even give up my body to be burned —but if I have no love, this does me no good. Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fails.(1 Corinthians 13:2-7)

As a young 17 year old Christian sometimes stumbling in sin but by the grace of God always able to repent and continue the race toward salvation, I remember this favorite 1975 song our fellowship group often listened to that reflects this blog entry, by Kenn Gulliksen called Charity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m535OdDhFcY
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------