Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Having returned to full time college this spring after 6 years it's been a very steep learning curve, and I was about to drop 2 of 5 classes as even my culinary teacher and classmates were shocked I was trying to complete the accelerated course. But after inquiring of the Lord in prayer this last night, facing 8 assignment to complete, Christ reminded me of all the other times in my life I surrendered to Him in weakness, and His strength was much stronger. So having finished my assignments at 12:30am. Then I woke up at 5:30 am to complete my first cooking lab exam at 7am. A Thai green curry with mixed stir fried vegetables, in which the curry sauce had its own separate cooking recipe task. We were graded on kitchen professionalism, uniforms, recipe papers, kitchen serve-safe practices, prep of all ingredients before cooking, and station inspection inventory and cleanup after cooking. Needless to say being "who I am" was considered most likely NOT to succeed (story of my life). But at the end of the day my dish was considered number 1 and the Chef made a long comment that seldom is she ever wrong about someone's predicted abilities, but that I had proved her completely wrong. From my preparation cutting to cooking ability, to presentation, was truly excellent and far more than she expected from me.
PSALM 23:9
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and then I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever. 
2 CORINTHIANS 12:9 
But God said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.