Thursday, April 21, 2011

EASTER! WHEN JESUS CONQUERED SIN & DEATH















When Jesus entered Jerusalem as the expected messiah it is estimated there were about 3 million people welcomed him laying palm branches in his path and cheering him into the city. The jubilance and welcome was because Jesus had a reputation of performing so many great miracles of compassion and mercy from raising people from the dead to calming storms while walking on water. But Jesus Christ had come to earth from heaven to provide a way of salvation from darkness and eternal spiritual death. The people thought he had come to concur the occupying empire of Rome and reestablish God’s Kingdom on earth. But in fact he had come to concur the most important enemy first, spiritual sin & death. Because Christ was the son of God, blameless and never knowing sin, His act of love broke the spiritual bonds of sin and death, and provided a way to God the Father without judgment for all those that believe, rely and cleave to him. Those that truly believe bare fruit (witness & evidence). Those that don’t believe demonstrate the fruits of spiritual death (rebellion and denial) by deliberately, willfully, and pleasurably breaking God’s laws.


Man unwittingly crucified Jesus Christ because the message that he preached was potentially dangerous and powerful. The message that Jesus Christ himself was, is and always be God, created all things, and would return a second time (coming soon) not as a lamb for spiritual sacrifice on a cross but this time as the lion to do battle and destroy the armies of the world, judge the living and the dead and finally establish his kingdom on earth the new Jerusalem which will come down from heaven. So its understandable that when Christ fist came to earth these 3 million people of the day who welcomed him into Jerusalem 2000 years ago were expecting Him to use his demonstrated miracles to defeat the Roman Empire. Instead they heard His spiritual message that he was himself God and came to 1st bring spiritual salvation and rebirth, and when they heard it they stopped their ears, stamped their feet and tore their clothing setting the stage for his crucifixion.

Jesus said: I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!” The people said, “Now we know you are possessed by a demon. Even Abraham and the prophets died, but you say, ‘Anyone who obeys my teaching will never die! Are you greater than our father Abraham? Who died, and so did the prophets! Who do you think you are? Jesus answered, “If I want glory for myself, it doesn’t count. But it is my Father who will glorify me. You say, ‘He is our God, but you don’t even know him. But I know him. If I said otherwise, I would be as great a liar as you! But I do know him and obey him. Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad.” The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old and Abraham died more then 2000 years ago! How can you say you have seen Abraham? Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am (The Eternal God)! At that point they picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus was hidden from them and left the Temple.
John 8:48-59


Regardless of what you think the bible has been proven to be the most accurate historical document ever recorded. So Jesus Christ could only be 1 of 3 things, an insane diluted man with miraculous supernatural powers, an alien from outer-space with miraculous supernatural technology, or Jesus Christ was, is, and will be, who He says he is even today, Creator God. Who came to demonstrate no greater love imaginable, in that the creator himself would lay down his life then take it back up again in perfection to show us He paid the price for our rebellion and made a way for us all to move past this imperfect dieing life to a perfect everlasting life. So yes both Abraham and Moses saw and understood about the Christ before He was born into the world.

Moses protested, “If I go to the people of Israel and tell them, ‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ they will ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what should I tell them?” God replied to Moses, “I Am Who I Am. Say this to the people of Israel: I Am has sent me to you.” Exodus 3:13-14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d12uOLx5CI0&feature=related

Even though its God’s will that all men should be saved, we our individually responsible for our own choice and destiny of knowing Him or rejecting Him. As a result Jesus Christ predicted that most people would reject salvation either directly or indirectly, and that only a comparatively few would choose Him in spirit and in truth to truly believe, be spiritually reborn, and know Jesus Christ personally in spirit and in truth.

“You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to eternal life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find and choose it.
Matthew 7: 13-14
Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen the Father.” Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? John 14:6-9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-HIKxnSZSA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sewa1KkKOfc&feature=channel_video_title
Rhema Marvanne Live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pTRy07vCNY