Monday, March 14, 2011

Suffering in Japan an opportunity for Christ

As many of you know by now the east coast of Japan suffered a devastating tsunami and earthquake. In fact the largest earthquake recorded in modern history just under 9 on the scale. With the death toll at 2400 and now nuclear fires spreading radiation from their Fukushima plant, thousands more are threatened with radiation poisoning.

As Christians its important for us to connect with Christ and feel his love and passion via the Holy Spirit for suffering people everywhere but especially those in our daily encounters and those that are presented to us. Japan is one of the few countries where the good news of the Gospel has had little penetration and as a result Japanese Christians suffer social persecution from their own people and even the government. However the tiny minority of Japanese Christian churches that are growing in Japan see this as an opportunity to show Christ love by reaching out to their suffering communities so that through the demonstrated love and compassion of Jesus Christ the Gospel can continue spread souls saved. Also an opportunity for Americans to honor God for all that he has given us by reaching out to the broken hearted, even those that were once our sworn enemy now our friends.

If you can find it in your hart to help Japanese Christians help their own people please donate to the following website by sending what you can to the following Christian website, or send your gift marked CRASH for Japan, Horizon Christian Fellowship Central 1001 E. Palmer St. Indianapolis, IN 46203
http://crashjapan.com/


“Then Jesus will say to those separated on his right side in heaven, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ “Then those right with God will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ “And the Jesus will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’
“Then Jesus will turn to those separated on the left at the great judgment and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’ “Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’ “And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’ Matthew 25:34-45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS9FP2XS8Zc
VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2cYxOkR2-g&feature=fvwrel