Thursday, February 24, 2011

A PERSPECTIVE OF LIFE THROUGH CHRIST

As I have written before, although God made himself real to me at a young age and after understanding the bible, salvation, and experiencing the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, like most men (or women) I strayed, never able to balance myself between the temporal pleasures of this world and my eternal relationship with God. It was always Christ who brought me back and taught me in my walk with Him the difference between being in this world but being separate and set apart as a child of God. Christ would always shepherd me bringing me back on track and right with God, this in spite of my shortcomings and through all the rejection the world and my own family would suffer upon me growing up. I realized this is why they called Jesus Christ the good Sheppard, able to keep us on track once we are born-again, we belong to Him.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not have want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And then I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever! (Psalms 23:1-20)

Christ had revealed to me just like he had revealed to the woman at the well that drinking the waters of this world never satisfy, but drinking from His water a person would never thirst and be forever satisfied. Unlike the waters of the world, the living waters of Christ are good for eternity. The world provides us short lived pleasures and status that can never give lasting satisfaction or peace. But Salvation through Jesus Christ and his baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire gives spiritual rebirth that last forever, satisfies, and surpasses all cardinal understanding.
A Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Please give me a drink.” He was alone at the time because his disciples had gone into the village to buy some food. The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans. She said to Jesus, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?” Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.” “But sir, you don’t have a rope or a bucket,” she said, “and this well is very deep. Where would you get this living water? And besides, do you think you’re greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us this well? How can you offer better water than he and his sons and his animals enjoyed?” Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.” (John 4:7-14)

People perform water baptism in the tradition of John the Baptist who came before Christ to prepared the way for Christ 1st coming telling everyone to repent and prepare themselves for the Christ who would baptize them with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
“I John the Baptist baptize with water those who repent of their sins and turn to God. But someone is coming soon who is greater than I am—so much greater that I’m not worthy even to be his slave and carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. Then he will clean up the world, gathering the wheat into his barn but burning the chaff with never-ending fire.”
(Matthew 3:10-12)
After dark one evening, a religious leader named Nicodemus came to speak with Jesus. “Rabbi,” he said, “we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.” Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.” “What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?” Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. Humans can reproduce only human life physically, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’ (John 3:2-7)


The baptism of God’s Holy Spirit, is being born again spiritually and the fire is the end result being set on fire for God and receiving Gods conviction, authority, and power to preach the Living Word of God, and be a witness to every lost person about the “good news” and spiritual Salvation through Jesus Christ.
You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)

After experiencing salvation and the baptism of the Holy Spirit, there is nothing in this life that will ever compare, an indescribable spiritual awakening of peace, Joy, love, understanding, and assurance of eternal salvation. Like so many other born-again Christians can testify, I also was able for the first time to see this life and my cardinal existence in a whole new spiritual perspective. Self-aware for the first time of the cardinal side of myself that will surly die one day, and yet through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit making alive my spirit (born again), I am able to clearly know the truth that now sets me apart and free to enjoy living in this temporary world. No longer living in fear of sin and death, all because of what Jesus Christ did on the cross and why its so important not ignore his calling. To do so will cost a person everything in this life, and the life to come.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2Corinthians 5:17)
Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. (1 John 4:7-8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vbg2dpX-EY

Brandon Heath began his career by writing songs as a teenager. born in Nashville, Tennessee. His father was a police officer, and his mother was a hair dresser. His parents divorced when he was three years old, and Heath was raised by his divorced mother for five or six years before she remarried. Heath said that during his early life, he grew bitter towards his family, but in high school he decided to come to the Lord because I wanted to learn how to forgive my dad for some mistakes that he made when I was younger. I had to forgive both of my parents for not sticking together." He was given a guitar as a Christmas gift at the age of 13, and around the same time he began writing his first songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koWPfd5-4g4
-------------------------------END-------------------------------------