Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas & New Years

Entry Clarification
I had the great pleasure of seeing my sister on her birthday, my brother in law, and my  nephew. They calibrated  New Years here in Laughlin and were kind enough to visit me and make my entire week. We did more of course enjoying the usual dining and entertainment the area has to offer. Even went out into the desert with my brother in law to do a little target practice. Forgetting once again to get some great photo's although the best pictures are in my head.  I am so very grateful to Jesus Christ for the blessing of life and gift of my family and the opportunity to share not only the cares of this physical world but our spiritual beliefs and experiences with God.

       On a personal note I unexperienced something wonderful while in prayer. Christ brought in the New Year for me with a new epiphany and understanding of the new testament covenant (the good news & the way) with respect to the old and how it applies to us in this word. That the whole purpose of Jesus Christ death on the cross,
resurrection and departure was not only to cover and obscure our terrible sinful nature with his pure righteousness, but also that by his returning to the Father we would receive Holy Spirit. Sent to dwell in us and give us the power to become like Jesus Christ, children of the living God.  For me this is an indescribable epiphany and an experience of being  filled with the Holy Spirit which now bears witness with my own spirit, a experience that passes all understanding. This perpetual power allows us to see clearly Gods purpose for our life and his presence in all of creation. Best summed up in Chris Tomlin's song below called "Indescribable" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmTxZAl7ceU&feature=related

 ROMANS 8
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Holy Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Holy Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Holy Spirit if you have the Holy Spirit of God living in you. So even though your body will die because of sin, the Holy Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God. The Holy Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you.