Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Before & after Thanksgiving was great

Seems like I have been involved in other interest to make journal entries lately but it wasn't for lack of what to write as much as sharing what I have been doing more with those that share my interest on web forums where people can meet up to ride motorcycle both on road and off and share there experiences. Long story short I have been braking in my B1250 street bike and made all the necessary adjustments to the shocks, raised handlebars, hand guards, and raised seating.   With over 1500 off road miles on my 450x I had to make brake in adjustment to the shocks which involved increasing pre-load, dampening, rebound, and raising of the triple clamps on the front forks. These things are mundane to those who are just owners but important to those of us who really enjoy riding.

You wouldn’t  think that a visit by just one relative for a Thanksgiving holiday would amount to much but when it comes to your children its always cherished event.  Some of the best times I had as a child were when gatherings for special events were limited to just  a few close family members. The large gatherings of distant relatives was OK but never that memorable except for the spectacles of a few drunk guest and the occasional cigarette burn to the forehead from the adults a the would tower over you.  So for me a visit by my lovely daughter was very pleasant and a full experience. We spend the day enjoying food, conversation and laughter, catching up on  the fun of life now limited by distance. We also tool the time to take the jeep out into the desert for some scenery and  photo’s . All in all very enjoyable and I thank God for both my children and for all the moments like these the gift of life we take so much for granted between our preoccupation with the world and conscious denial of His sole responsibility for our very existence.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.