Sunday, March 4, 2007

Scooter modifications

Lately I have been using my scooter to do my shopping and run errands especially now that I have the large trunk I installed and previously spoke of. The only problem has been is that the scooters that come from Japan to the USA come with a form of restriction in the automatic transmission that keeps the RPM low to limit speed and performance in the form of 14 ounce rollers instead of the 12 ounce rollers used in the same model overseas. So you guessed it I changed the rollers in my scooters CVT automatic transmission. Here is a great tutorial someone provided on my scooter forum to do the job. Forums have been such a great resource for getting engineering information without bugging your relatives.http://civicmatt.tripod.com/files/how-to-change-roller-weights.pdf
So now my scooter has much more acceleration and power and is an even more fun to ride.