Thursday, November 16, 2006

GOD IS WATCHING US

After an evening workout in my community clubhouse gym, I was treated to a beautiful sunset and just had to pull the camera out of my scooter before heading up the parkway. It is amazing how God is evident in nature and responsible for every good thing we have. It always reminds me that no matter how much as a people our society moves away from the belief in God and Christ, in the end he will keep his promise of salvation and judgment for all of us with respect to his Son. No amount of convincing argument, denial, appeal, or wishful thinking will ever change that.

When Christ comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink.

Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name. But I will reply, ‘I NEVER KNEW YOU. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

And as they go out, they will see the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me. For the worms that devour them will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out. All who pass by will view them with utter horror.”