Saturday, July 1, 2006

RIDING ALONE

As part of my routine after working out each morning 0500 to 0800 I take a ride on one of my machines to celebrate life, take in creation and find a spot alone to give thanks to the creator the only true and wise God. Today it was an area behind Foothills Estates development where the dirt roads and trails are fast and fun with natural jumps where you can reach off road race speeds safely. I used to think that because I retired relatively young (48) that most older folks are just to feeble to make an attempt to get out and enjoy it, but after living out hear for almost 2 years now (how time fly’s) I realize it has much more to do with caliber of the individual.  I have met people in their 70’s that are out hear meditating in some form even earlier then I. So it all has to do with a person’s appreciation for life that drives them to appreciate creation, not exclusively plugging into man’s artificial world.  As for me and the folks I meet out here interacting with the desert, we all seem to have one belief in common, that nature is the greatest expression of beauty, art, and Gods love. Above are pictures of the Foothills trail area facing Laughlin and inland toward the deep desert.

 

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse." Romans 1:20